Re: FL emmissions testing gone?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FL emmissions testing gone?
From: "Carl C." <carlc@iname.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 07:44:43 -0400
>Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2000 09:42:04 -0400
>From: "Jarrod Pilone" <moparman@mediaone.net>
>Subject: Re: FL emmissions testing gone?
>
>I live in FL and what they were talk about some time ago was just making
>cars 5 yrs old and older having to go through emissions. Mainly due to
>almost every car on the road down here is within 5 yrs old and leased. and
>most counties in FL do not have emissions anyways.

I think you have that backwards...

At the last Equipe Rapide event last weekend in Miami, Fl, I was talking
to Peter Shadowen, a local VW Mechanic who owns his own repair shop.
The letter he got from the DOT said they were LOOKING to do away with
emissions on cars 2 years and YOUNGER! You would not have to start
emissions testing unless your car is over 2 years old.

But, now look at this:

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/news/emissions.html

Its completely gone! No more swapping the cats back on the ESP Mustang
for my Birthday.

Looks like his lordship, Gov. Jeb Bush, has removed the entire setup.

Back to lurking mode,
Carl

http://www.carlc.com/

        "Price, Performance, Quality. Choose any two you like."