Re: "used" S 2000-trade-in - reason?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "used" S 2000-trade-in - reason?
From: "Richard Rees" <greyhawke@home.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 09:41:55 -0500
Forgive them, O Car Gods, for they know not what they do ;(

36.9k for the s2k in question is too much.  First of all, it's black
<bleah>, when everyone knows the best color is silverstone metallic (all the
promos are silver for a reason).  Secondly, with the news that Honda will
probably release an s2200 after the s2k production run (yeah, 2.2l engine),
most people realize that they can "negotiate down" to sticker price.  I
refused to pay more than sticker for mine, and got it at sticker.  My
"local" Honda dealer has a black one on the showroom floor with a 3k
mark-up, and it's been there for a few months now.  Then again, my local
Honda dealer is/are jerks for the most part, so I never go there except to
get touch-up paint (minor oopsie).  Carfax.com will also be able to run the
VIN for about 15 bucks or so.  Depends on whom you're willing to trust.
Finally, if you look on ebay, you can find other s2ks up for bid, and most
of the bidding stops around 32,415 (surprise, surprise)

Richard Rees
Torqueless Wonder #5602 Silver/Red