Re: "used" S 2000

To: "David A Teague" <David.Teague@wcom.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "used" S 2000
From: "David Hawkins" <otgrouch@twosrus.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 14:47:58 -0500
>Jes this sound like and argument I have with the riceboys.. :my car handels
>well but it does it more and better technolgy.." Jesh.. now thats funny if
>the car handels well who cares how its done,

Um...the buying public?  Would you rather have a car that can pull 0.9g but
pounds your fillings out in the process (84 Z51 for example), or one that
can pull 0.9g and knows how to soak up bumps without killing the occupants?
I guess that if you don't care about anything but handling, then your answer
is that you don't care.  Most of us do.

>next you be taling about hp per
>liter and that v8's are a joke cause the only make .4 hp per liter where
the
>new "instert your import brand" 4 banger make .9 hp per liter so obviulsy
it
>is a far superior and faster...

I'm not going to start a HP/L war here, but there is a basic truth to the
fact
that if you can get more power out of every liter that you're going to have
lighter powerplant for the same amount of power.  Less weight is generally
something we strive for, no?

Had I not had to read your post twice to even begin to understand what you
tried to pass for punctuation and spelling, I may have been able to give you
an even more enlightened answer....but apparently you'd rather just have a
'me vs. the rice folk' war.

David Hawkins
93 MR2 Turbo 1.2HP/L
86 MR2 0.8HP/L