Re: Shot clock - was why Harrisburg took...

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shot clock - was why Harrisburg took...
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 14:02:57 EDT
In a message dated 6/20/2000 10:58:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
AlanP@identicard.com writes:

<<  I'd say yes except for the fact that we know some people will take
advantage
 of the "nod to indicate you're ready" phase to slow things down and screw up
 their opponents timing. I know there was one competitor in the Bonus
 challenge that attempted to psych out his opponent by staging and unstaging
 many times (happily it was not effective and that guy lost :-) The shot
 clock keeps the playing field level. >>

That's why we have the Dwight Mitchell Clock, er, I mean Shot Clock...

<< I think at Harrisburg almost everyone
 was on their best behavior to speed staging up for the good of all. I don't
 know if that would always be the case.  >>

As soon as the shot clock goes away, people will start thinking of different
ways to play the game, including messing with the start...

CHD