Re: Shot clock - was why Harrisburg took...

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Shot clock - was why Harrisburg took...
From: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 15:59:22 -0700

> In a message dated 6/20/2000 10:58:57 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
> AlanP@identicard.com writes:
>
> <<  I'd say yes except for the fact that we know some people will take
> advantage
>  of the "nod to indicate you're ready" phase to slow things down and screw
up
>  their opponents timing. I know there was one competitor in the Bonus
>  challenge that attempted to psych out his opponent by staging and
unstaging
>  many times (happily it was not effective and that guy lost :-) The shot
>  clock keeps the playing field level. >>
>
> That's why we have the Dwight Mitchell Clock, er, I mean Shot Clock...
>
> CHD

In the days when I competed in ProSolo, I was almost always starter for my
work group and the challenge, and I competed against Dwight. He was one (of
a number) who had a little routine they went through on the start line.  And
many were also not very clear on their "nod" so I would have to ask more
than once and sometimes started the clock when they weren't "really" ready
and they would be ticked off like it was my fault for their lack of
communication skills.   I say keep the shot clock.

Rick Brown
FP 240Z