Stupid cone tricks-more

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stupid cone tricks-more
From: Bill Sanford <tvrdude@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 17:52:05 -0700
Ask Howard, I'm sure he'll remember.
     Several (many) years ago at a Pro Solo in San Diego, Bill Cadenhead
(Dans dad) managed quite a trick. Bill was racing a Prepared Beetle and
on the left course was alittle behind the car through the last series of
tight turns and quick transitions. He managed to"flop" the car over
enough to catch a pylon between the right rear slick and the fender,
he then continued another 10-15' and as he turned right for the finish
he goosed the gas and shot the pylon back through the air to land
upright
in its box. The initial moans of the downed cone turned to a stunned
silence (including Howard annoucing in the "Bus"), I was timing the left
course and none of us would have believed it had we not seen it.

 I think I felt the most sorry for Bill Cadenhead because tho there
were many witness's none had taped it so he never got to see his "work"
just hear about it.

Bill