Re: Re-class a Miata for +15hp!!!!!!!! Give me a break.

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re-class a Miata for +15hp!!!!!!!! Give me a break.
From: "Richard Williams" <richw1@mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2000 20:46:21 -0400
Well than you surely forgot that the 1999 Miata and the 2000 MR2 Spyder were
put on the dyno and the MR2 had a good bit more power.  Even though the two
cars are advertised to have the same HP the MR2 Spyder dyno'ed at 13 hp and
7 lb-ft of torque higher than the Miata.  The MR2 Spyder dyno'ed at 125 hp
and 113 lb-ft of torque, the Miata came up with 112 hp and 106 lb-ft of
torque.  Even if you add an advertised 15 hp, which would equal
approximately 12 hp to the rear wheels (adjusting for drivetrain losses),
you would just now equal the power of the MR2 Spyder.  The MR2 also reached
max torque 1100 rpm's earlier.  Also, do not forget the MR2 Spyder is
approximately 104 lbs lighter than the Miata.  The MR2 Spyder came in at
2,195 lbs and the Miata came in at 2,299 lbs.  I am not saying that the MR2
Spyder will be an overdog but it will surely be a strong contender with the
2000 and 2001 Miata.  This is simply the facts, nothing more, nothing less.

I have said my piece and will now duck, as the Miata people will be heaving
objects in my direction.

Richard Williams
2000 Absolutely Red MR2 Spyder
2000 Carbon Blue Celica GT