Higher entry fees/Participation/Elitism

To: "autox@autox.team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Higher entry fees/Participation/Elitism
From: The Narbys <narby@centurytel.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 12:59:18 -0500
Raising entry fees to reduce participation is elitism, and with no
foundation. Who says that people with more money to waste are
necessarily better: drivers, competitors, sportsmen/women, course
workers, company, etc.

Next we will have rules about car appearance - doesn't matter if it's
fast, is it presentable?

If you want to be an elitist at least base the cutoff on some criteria
relevant to the sport.

If you want to raise entry fees, do it for some legitimate reason, like
generating more revenue. If we don't need more revenue, leave the fees
alone.

I agree with whoever said that these things seems to get suggested most
often by those who would benefit from or not be affected by the changes.

Doug (I'm and educator, not a rich guy) Narby