Running two courses at Peru

To: Ajstratton@aol.com
Subject: Running two courses at Peru
From: William Loring <bloring@tirerack.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 15:28:52 -0600
The trouble with running two courses simultaneously (beyond the already
mentioned resource issue), is the fact that most sites simply cannot support
two full-length (50-70 second) Solo II courses.

Peru is a good example of this. While you might conceivably be able to
design a pair of courses at this site, it would leave you little room for
grids, there would be no good way to get people on and off the "south"
course, and the existing paddock would not be big enough for 400 cars (and
support vehicles). I have my concerns about the paddock holding the 300+
cars (plus trailers and RVs) scheduled for the upcoming tour.

I like the idea of running two courses, and I'm sure there are sites that
can support this, but I don't believe that Peru is one of them.

I also like the idea of adding events to the schedule, but here's another
thought: how will that affect small local events?

Respectfully,

William Loring