Peru and Registration

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Peru and Registration
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:30:17 EDT
If I have to choose between running a shorter course or limiting entrants
then my vote is to limit entrants.  I'm coming 550+ miles to run a National
Tour event, not an overcrowded toy autox.

I realize that some people have limitations that may prevent them from
registering as early as they would like to; I can sympathize.

However, for the majority it is the classic example of procrastinating until
the last minute.  There's no excuse for it and deep down you all know it.  I
only ever missed one event because of excess entries, and that was the first
time I tried to go to the Evansville Tour, because *I* waited until the last
week to register.  I didn't whine about it or try to put the blame on anyone
else.  It was my fault and my fault alone.  I learned my lesson though; I
never registered late again.

There's really no excuse period.  You can always send in the money and entry
form early, then cancel out before the drop-dead date if need be.

M Sipe