Koni Double Adjustable Q's

To: "autox@autox. team. net (E-mail)" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Koni Double Adjustable Q's
From: "Howard, Brent" <Brent.Howard@Searbrown.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 08:04:31 -0400
I picked up a used Neon ACR this year, which included some custom valved
Koni Double adjustables.  More shock then I need at the moment, I'm sure,
but I'll grow into them ;-)  Anyway, the rebound adjustment on one of them
broke (just spins and spins) so I'm hoping I only need a rebuild.  I have
several questions for y'all:

1.  Does any one have the number for ProParts West handy? (I misplaced it)
2.  Ballpark $$ figure on the cost of a rebuild?
3.  How fragile are the doubles for daily street driving?  I drive generally
400 miles a week, and see some fairly rough roads here in upstate NY.  Will
durability be an issue - especially with the custom valving?

If the cost of the rebuild is too great, or the doubles aren't known for
their durability, I may just get a set of single adjustable Koni's similar
to what came on ACR's from the factory - and save the doubles for next year,
when I hope to get to some national level events.

Any thoughts/experiences welcome...

Brent
'95 Neon ACR
Mo-Hud Region SCCA