Re: invisible cars

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: invisible cars
From: "Jarrod Pilone" <moparman@mediaone.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:40:55 -0400
I have only been pulled over once in my '84 240 Volvo that runs mid 14's in
the 1/4 mile and has a top speed of around 150 mph:)

I blew by two cop cars hiding at about 90 mph in a 35. Get this, it was a 3
lane deserted highway in a emptyish industrial area, but 3 lanes, no other
cars. perfect area to to a test run for acceleration:)

boy were they pissed at me! they came out of the car guns drawn yelling for
me to turn the engine off. I refused to because it's a turbo and I blew by
them at max boost (16 pounds) and the car was running a bit warm:) I told
the one cop I had to let it idle before shutting it off because it's a
turbo. the lady cop was screaming "Turn the engine off now!!" the other cop
told her it was ok:)

my brother got me out of that one:)

but otherwise, normal speeding, I don't get busted, it's a banged up and
rusty volvo. a VOLVO:)

but damn does it haul ass and handle like it's on rails:) I wanna autocross
that car soon!

Jarrod

http://www.mopar-man.com  moparman@mediaone.net
President, Mopars of the Palm Beaches http://www.crosswinds.net/~mopb
'70 Road Runner 'Vert (Clone)   '72 Demon Street Machine Project Car
'70 Duster 340 4 Speed In-Violet, Now 318 and black