Ozark, Alabama Autox on July 9

To: autox@autox.team.net, solo2atlanta@topica.com
Subject: Ozark, Alabama Autox on July 9
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2000 00:36:32 EDT
The Wiregrass Region is hosting it's monthly autox on Sunday, July 9 at the
Hunt Stage Field site.  Site opens (all times CST) at *approx*  9:30 AM for
course setup, 10:30 AM registration and tech opens, 11:00 AM course walking
allowed, Noon Driver's Meeting, followed by autox runs until either you or
your tires wear out.  For those of you who came last month my apologies if
you were disappointed.  I thought CSP National Champ Heath McMillan was going
to design the course in my absence; apparently that didn't happen.  I am
planning on being there Saturday, July 8 to design the course for the Aug. 12
- 13 SEDiv Solo2 event and will be there on Sunday, July 9 to design the
local event course as well.

Directions from Atlanta:
Take I-85 south from Atlanta to I-185.  Take I-185 south to US Hwy 431 in
Columbus, GA.  Take US Hwy 431 south to State Road 27 just past Abbeville,
AL.  Take SR 27 south to County Road 18.  Take CR 18 south to US Hwy 231.
Continue on CR 18 across US Hwy 231, site will be 1/2 mile on right.

Alabama Directions:
Take US Hwy 231 to County Road 18, located approx. 5 miles south of Ozark,
AL.  There is an Exxon Gas Mart on the corner.  Take CR 18 west, site will be
half mile on right.

You can expect an approx 60 second autox course on a grippy, good quality 450
ft wide by 1200 ft long unobstructed concrete surface, but the same surface
can be tough on tires if overdriven or if car is handling improperly. You
will get at least 5 timed official runs, plus many more timed unofficial fun
runs.  There will not be any 1st gear turns, you may briefly reach 3rd, or
even 4th, gear depending on gearing and vehicle type (about 70 mph max for
the fastest Stock vehicles).  Event administration is very laidback and
non-anal.  SCCA entry fee is $15, non-members $20.  We typically have less
than 15 drivers attending the event.  There are no on-course work
assignments; drivers who knock cones over are sent back out at the end of
their run to stand them back up before the next car goes out.

Mark Sipe