Thankyou / 1st Nationals Memories

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thankyou / 1st Nationals Memories
From: "goodale7" <goodale7@gateway.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jul 2000 11:53:51 -0600
Hi all,

To all of you that e-mailed me privately, thank you for your support.
I'll answer some of your questions here rather than spend all day here.
1) yes
2) yes
3) no
4) no I can't, I'm not that flexible
5) I f given the choice between stopping a SUV, a car or a van, I would
always stop the car.  It's safer for me. I can see in the car easy, but
can't see into a SUV or van.  It my be a cop-out but, since most cops
get killed on traffic stops, I like to go home at the end of shift.
6) yes the job has changed me. I remember the first time a " clean cut
business man " with a gun told me I wasn't going to see my family again.
I called dispatch and asked them to start medical and put flight for
life on stand by. The guy got a puzzled look. I asked him if he had any
medical problems, medicine allergies, and his blood type.  He asked why.
I told him he would be unconscious and would probably be loosing a lot
of blood and I wanted the best medical care for him.  He said your
serious. I said very. He put the gun down, and his hands behind his
back.  I took a shot and called his bluff and got lucky.  I finally
started sleeping again about a week later.
7) Katie maybe your right, I think I only need 280 more to take the
lead.

Please don't reply to this.  We've beat this subject to death.

New subject.  What do you remember from your 1st nationals.

For me, I'm only 34, it was 1974 ,I think, in Lake Geneva Wis.  I
remember sitting in the stands at the Drag strip watching dad run. My
best memories have nothing to do with the racing.
If you've never been to the Solo Nationals and your not going this year
plan to go in 2001.  Maybe I'm jaded because I've only missed 4
nationals since they started.  It will change your whole perspective on
solo II.  Plan now, eat only hot dogs and ham sandwiches, work all the
overtime you can, save all your pennies, but plan on going in 2001.

See you in Topeka
Jon Goodale