thanks to many....

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: thanks to many....
From: Karen Kraus <kiirenza@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2000 14:22:41 -0700
     I just wanted to publicly thank all those people who helped me and
my poor, wounded beast not only make it *to* the event site, but also
back home. Like I was telling some people during the event, yes, I think
we'll all admit that there are some pricks out there, who autocross
joylessly only in anticipation of some kind of payout, but fortunately
for every one of those, there are 10+ really awesome people who will go
out of their way to help someone out.
     So, thanks to John Thomas for stopping by and helping me out on the
shoulder of route 31 when the Camaro overheated massively the *first*
time, and also for driving me from Kokomo to Peru when it did it again.
No, I did *not* thank him by *making* him wear the Bud dress!! ;)
     Thanks to Chris Lindberg for letting me run the Mustang -- actually
this was planned *before* the problem with the Camaro, but he also drove
me back to Kokomo to get a new thermostat, and, man, as a Chevy driver,
I hate to admit this, but that Ford just might be a contender! ;)
     Thanks to Dan Popp for the coolant (do you know how difficult it is
to find that stinkin' orange Dex-Cool stuff?) and to Jim "Mr. Cooling
Systems" Crider for getting the car back up to snuff.
     Lastly, thanks to Tim Aro, Eric Peterson and Jonathan Roberts for
letting me tag along through Charleston to make sure the car was going
to behave itself on the way home. Though I don't know if I'll *ever*
room with you "drivers" again!!! ;)
     There are a lot of great people in this sport, and this past
weekend was just another reminder of that. For the record, the Camaro
made it home, with the temp gauge never going past the halfway mark.
It's in the driveway now waiting for a massive working over -- guess I
should make sure the batteries in the Escort and the Kawasaki are
charged.... hey, wait, there *is* this DSP Nissan Sentra SE-R just
sitting here, not doing anything for another 60 days, right Pat? ;)

Karen Kraus
1996 Camaro Z28 1LE (FS34) -- 148,740 miles, maybe it's time for a new
water pump?
no, I'm *not* buying a Subaru *or* a Mustang!! ;)

--

"You never get away, you only get someplace else."
     -- Lovka's Dilemma

"No matter what they're telling you, they're not telling you the whole
truth."
     -- Todd's Principle

"The best view of your soul is from beyond the edge, looking back."
     -- No Fear

http://www.erols.com/kiirenza/trisk