Re: new car classification

To: "Pat Salerno" <psalerno@ix.netcom.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: new car classification
From: "Wally Strzelec" <Wally@Tamu.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 18:54:15 -0500
From: "Pat Salerno" <psalerno@ix.netcom.com>

> In this day I can not believe that the SS camaro and theWS6 Firebird are
not
> in with the rest of the F stock cars.  You can get the same rear, springs
> and shocks as in a 1LE.  The only difference is those 17 inch wheels.
Give

Well, maybe but I don't think so.  According to
http://www.slpeng.com/2000camaross/index.html, the standard SS also gets:

    functional air scoop with Forced-air induction system
    "Upgraded suspension components for improved handling"
    17"x 9" aluminum wheels
    Zexel-Torsen Differential  or Auburn High Torque Performance
Differential

I have no Idea what "Upgraded suspension components" means.  They do show a
picture of John Ames old car in the ad thou.  If its the slp "Level One"
package, slp advertises that it rasises skid pad numbers from .82 to .90
G's. (http://www.slponline.com/slpperformanceparts/page_38.html)    I would
love to put the larger rear sway bar and panhard bar that the level one
package has.

We can argue all day about what is and is not an advantage.  I think that
they all are.

I don't see any reason why the SLP cars can't go to ESP thou.

-Wally