SS reclassifications

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: SS reclassifications
From: "Steve Sucsy" <ssucsy@nts-online.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 22:16:22 -0500
Being a new S2000 owner, I'm a little distressed that the car is already
perceived to be a match for the C4 Corvette, the
M Coupe and Roadster, and the Boxter S, even though the new 217 hp Boxter
has won the lion's share of AS Tour and Pro events this year.  I'll grant
that Gary Thomason in a well prepared S2000 is an ominous force, but let's
not reclassify the car because of one driver.  So far, I haven't gotten my
S2000 up to the level of competition I was at in my MR2 Turbo.  I'm sure it
has more potential than I've extracted from it so far, but let's see what
mere mortals can do with the car before throwing it in with several cars
that are considerably more powerful.  I expect that there will be at least 3
S2000s at Nationals (more likely about 6), so we should get the chance to
see if they really dominate the Boxters and Porsche 968s.  If they don't, it
seems to make the most sense to classify the S2000s with the Boxters and
other cars with which it is comparable and evenly matched.

Steve Sucsy
S2000