Re: SS reclassifications

To: ssucsy@nts-online.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SS reclassifications
From: Popsracr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 23:37:20 EDT
In a message dated 07/06/2000 10:16:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
ssucsy@nts-online.net writes:

<< let's
 not reclassify the car because of one driver. >>

Get the idea already?  SCAC and SEB does that because there is only one way
to get the data.  Rationale for doing this is that these are the best drivers
in best prepped cars.  Any other way of classing cars?  Should we class cars
based on average performance?

The penalty of driving too well is the car you drive gets classed out until
it's borderline competitive.  Of course you have to drive like the few
champions in order to extract that level of performance out of them given
similar circumstances.

Is this bad?  Probably not since it gives us a target to soot for.  Sometimes
you win and sometimes you lose.  Win too much and you'll get moved to the
faster class.  Lose too much and you're only considered to be human unless of
course you're one of the few respected drivers whose opinion is highly
regarded.

Classing cars in our sport is tough to do.  Classify cars on performance or
on design?  Look at the new proposal and it's guiding philosophy is a mix of
the two schools of thought.  I think we need to have a vision statement and
mission statement with regard to how cars will be classed.  The proposal as
it stands attempts at explaining the ideals and values.

I think the proposal is still in need of refining.  Over time the evolution
of the product may come up a pretty decent design, at least I hope so.

Jim