Re: pushing the issues

To: tcbracer@juno.com
Subject: Re: pushing the issues
From: Jkinser77@aol.com
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 17:03:55 EDT
In a message dated 7/10/00 1:21:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
tcbracer@juno.com writes:

<< question.  As for being fired by Jean Kinser, answer truthfully, how
 would you react if one of your personal icons were caught at it?  Fired
 sounds mild.

 Jon FP 73 >>

That was something I forgot to resond to-if I had one of my instructors
deliberately caught for cheating..like it says you CAN NOT do this and they
do it...I lose alot of respect for that person.  If someone is doing
something without a rule and it does not say or not say you can do something
then it needs to be addressed.  I do not like flat out cheaters..testing the
limits of what will happen to them if they get caught...Good drivers have no
need to cheat.  How can you live with yourself if you win and you cheated?  I
do know there are people who read the rules differently and that is what some
of the protests are for..interpretaion of those rules.  And there are people
who flat out don't know there is a rulebook and how to read it, and some who
don't care.

Now-as for sandbagging..that's another issue in itself.  In pro solo, there
are times people sandbag and I know and understand why.  I've watched it for
many years and if somene has no need to go any faster as they have the win by
a second or more..why push your own dial in for the challennge?  Been part of
the pro solo game for over 10 years now and if you can do it, which has
gotten harder to do with Howards changing of the rules (good stuff), then you
should do fairly well in the challenge..and as years have gone by, the
Challenge keeps getting more and more money thrown at it.  I have not known
of many people being able to sandbag to get their car in a certian class or
keep it from going somewhere.  If they are dominating the class all over, in
pro solo and solo ll, and I mean dominating after a years time then I could
see someone who has alot of driving skill that can keep their times low
enough to not warrent the car moving...I have so much respect for ther guys
like Russ Wiles in his M3 that every time he won at Nationals they kept
moving the car, and he's still win in it the next year...At least someone was
showing the car's true potential with not only a top car-but top
driver...that to me shows the potential.  Classing a car due to an average of
good driver's is not showing the car's potential...having 10 top caliber
drivers run the car and base it on their results shows more of a true
potential I think.  And that is what the cars are classed on, isn't it?

In answer to your question of how I would react to sandbaggin...depends on
the reason.  For competion in Pro solo, that's how you play if you can.  To
keep a car from being moved-I'd lose alot of respect for the driver...but a
cheater...that's a whole nother ballgame.

Jean