McKamey AutoX School

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: McKamey AutoX School
From: "Timothy Stevens" <tim@consoledomain.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 18:14:55 -0500
    Hey all,

    New member to the list. I drive a '91 Toyota MR2 n/a. Just posted this
message about the McKamey AutoX school to the MR2 mailing list and Randy
Chase advised I join in the fun here and post the message for you all to
see:

--

    Thought I'd pass along a great experience I had this weekend to all of
you guys (and gals). Went to the McKamey AutoX school in Rome NY for two

    Met a lot of cool people, including a fellow 91 n/a owner who was
running R-compound Hoosier slicks and was FAST. His four years of experience
and tires helped him to be about 3-4 seconds a lap (on a 30 or so second
track) faster than me, a gap I hope to narrow in the coming months and
years. Also got to check out some nice cars, including an S2000, a
mean-sounding C5, more M-3's than you can shake a stick at, and Mark
Daddio's obnoxiously loud (but fast) Neon.

    The course offers loads of seat-time, much of it with an instructor
sitting there to tell you what you're doing right (or wrong), which was a
great help, as was being able to just take lap after lap to get the feel for
my car. The second day of the course was more tricky, as the instructors
changed the course four times throughout the day to teach us to learn new
courses quickly.

    Great time, learned lots, well worth my money for the school. Now I
can't wait to get to my first event!!!

    -tim