Re: Camber Limits and More

To: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: Camber Limits and More
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 19:33:41 -0500
Scott Meyers wrote:

...I especially think that the $1000 shocks (per corner) need to
> be outlawed. This flies in the face of the whole "Stock" concept IMHO.

And your replacement wording reads:_________fill in blank________.  I'm
not being a smart ass...I've been down this very road before and I am
interested in hearing what you are proposing.

> By allowing some degree .... :-)  .... of camber adjustment for all stock
> cars, I fathom that tire wear factor would be better (i.e., cost
> effective). When the BFG R-1 went away, the camber limited cars were
> essentially screwed. Sure, you could go ahead an run the larger tires,
> and the results were somewhat similar, but the tire wear of the outside
> edges was extreme. Thus tire life was greatly shortened.

So how much does camber plates cost me, and what do I do when they are
not available for my car?  How is this better than shock allowances if I
have to butcher up a stock vehicle in order to get the allowed camber?
Work through all of the scenario's and you may find that the current
structure is not this big unfair thing you perceive, and make it out to
be.