Re: Costs in General

To: Scott Meyers <solo2@uswest.net>
Subject: Re: Costs in General
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2000 20:48:47 -0500
Scott Meyers wrote:

> I feel many more folks will try the larger events if they perceive that they
> have a chance. Many stay away because they know they truly do not unless they
> meet the $tandard. There will always be cost associated with any automotive
> sport. There should be at least one place where an effort is made to keep
> those costs at a minimum.

C'mon Scott, are you serious?

Car =         $8,000  (came with K&N insert, and Flowmaster muffler)
Shocks =      $  300  (re-valving and de-gassing)
Brake Pads    $  120  (not much more than stock)
Alignment     $   60

Total    $8,480.00 (not including tires...I only go through 2 sets of
fronts a year)  Pro-rate over three years.  (Note - I am now running the
stock muffler since I can hear the tires much better)

I'm certainly not Daddio, but I placed 4th and 8th at Nats my last two
outings, and can run competively this year when my head is not in a dark
place. :)  Is this the $tock cla$$ your talking about that is so
prohibitively expensive that you won't even go??  You really won't go to
an event if you feel can't finish in the top third?

I'm not necessarily arguing against your rules concepts...I just think
it is silly to base your claims on the fact that us rich boys have you
poor guys all under our Nike's.  Maybe these oppressed few would do
better if they would just go, have fun, and do the best they can instead
of fretting about "not having a chance".  They will never improve if
they don't go.  Said too much...IMHO and all that stuff.

Pat Washburn
26 DS