Re: Performance pads for my Honda

To: bloring@tirerack.com
Subject: Re: Performance pads for my Honda
From: reddog_es22@juno.com
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 20:58:06 -0500
        I've been running MetalMasters for a while now and have had no problems.
My guess is that your problems are not coming from the pads. The biggest
difference for me came from installing braided steel lines and keeping
the rear drums properly adjusted. They are supposed to be self adjusting,
but mine never do. When you are changing out the rear wheels, just pull
the drum and you'll find a small star wheel between the shoes at the top.
Turning it from top to bottom will adjust the shoes in the correct
direction. When you put the drum back on you want it to just slightly
drag all the way around. Do this on both sides and you will be amazed at
the difference.
        If you aren't able to get the drum off or are in a hurry, you can just
pull up the emergency until it starts to drag. The best way to determine
how far to pull it up is to stop on a small incline and let the car roll.
Move the brake lever up one click then let off the foot brake and see if
the car still rolls.  When you notice a difference in how quickly the car
starts moving just back off one click and voila! instant brake
adjustment.
        BTW, 130K miles??? That thing is just gettng broken in!!! Good luck, are
you coming to Topeka? H- Stock is looking fun!

Scott Sawyer
'91 Civic Si  HS 22 <--------171,000 and still going
Team Underdog Racing, Underdog F&C
http://www.teamunderdog.com