Re: Physics of Racing Part 15, etc.

To: jim@jamesdwilson.com, brianbec6@hotmail.com, peterl@cnw.com,
Subject: Re: Physics of Racing Part 15, etc.
From: "Brian Beckman" <brianbec6@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 22:22:29 PDT
i tried PDF first, but it broke because my TeX software used ligatures for
"fi" and "fl" and the standard fonts did not include glyphs for those
ligatures.  result was that i published something that looked good on one of
my systems but looked like garbage on lots of others.  rather than get into
"font hell", including trying to get no fewer than six bl**dy PCs i have in
my life coherent, i decided to look for another (turnkey) solution.  DjVu is
the best i could come up with in the (very) limited time i have for this
project :-)

Brian "aspiring to adequacy" Beckman