Re: Hoosier butt splice failure

To: gmankeny@earthlink.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Hoosier butt splice failure
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 04:56:40 EDT
I had my share of butt splice failures starting in Feb-99 but Hoosier Tom
care of me; I think I had new tires at every main event last year  :-)  more
often than not *who* you buy them from weighs heavily on what type of
customer service you get  It doesn't hurt that Hoosier Tom now lives just
around the corner from the factory

I think Hoosier is to be commended; they could have stopped A3S03 radial
production rather than take the financial bath they did; the net result for
2000 speaks for itself

Like Guy I've been on the 1999 stock for all of this year and a not having
any problems but I understand it and know how to deal it  I won a Pro Solo
event on a set

I'm not aware of any 2000 Hoosier radials having a butt splice issue; the
problem has been solved

I' m sorry that the original post writer had a problem or wasn't aware of the
situation; I would suggest that you purchase any future Hoosier tires from
Hoosier Tom at MidAtlantic Motorsports to ensure good service

Now back to our regularly scheduled program

Mark Sipe

<< Alex, I bought 16 discontinued tires earlier this year. I've worn out 8
tires
 already-none have failed. Obviously there are a lot of reasons why a tire can
 fail, I'd make sure that all of the variables were considered. I also would
 be careful, since Hoosier does Sponsor our sport. What has Good Year done for
 us lately. PS--I got over 60 runs on each set, the last working good enough
 to be FTD at an event with 200 + competitors. >>