Re: sequential list by car or class?

To: washburn@dwave.net
Subject: Re: sequential list by car or class?
From: Ben Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 09:54:55 -0400
Pat and all,

A lot of the same principles must apply to car classifications. My
proposal was a simplification and reduction of class numbers and have the
classes in order from fastest to slowest. It is frankly impossible to
have EVERY car competitive in a class unless we have a class for every
model and year of car, not a pretty picture and one we always chuckle
about the marque clubs.

My proposal would be a starting point to getting the classes in order
from fastest to slowest. The SEB would still need to analyse which cars
should go where. Grouping by car type may still be a high priority and
has it's plusses (course dependency comes immediately to mind).

After a number of years, I would envision cars being blended between the
stock, ST and SP categories and everyone getting used to that scenario.

Ben Thatcher
Apex Benefit Services & Motorsports
Stockbridge, GA
Phone 770.474.1402