RE: suspension bushings in ST...

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: suspension bushings in ST...
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:14:17 -0500
The ST rules refer to 14.8 specifically in regard to shocks, struts, and
springs, not the entire language of 14.8.  I see no other specific allowance
for changing suspension bushings.

GH
================================
That's exactly why I originally referred to the non-allowance of aftermarket
suspension busings in STS as an oversight.  In an otherwise "bolt-on" class,
why wouldn't one allow aftermarket suspension bushings?  In my mind they
sure fit the intent of the STS, and STR for that matter, class rules.

As well as an allownace for aftermarket engine mounts (also in the SP
classes).  They are an easy bolt on that's very common outside of  SCCA
circles.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 DS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who
approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but
downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."
-Patrick Henry