RE: suspension bushings in ST...

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: suspension bushings in ST...
From: LiloACRguy@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 12:21:58 EDT
I've been trying to find my rulebook or the online version of the rules to join
this conversation, but I have not been successful.  So bear with me, as this is
coming from memory.

The ST rules are somewhat of a compilation of rules from other classes.  In
particular, if you read the class rules in order, most allowances refer to
another classes allowance and are identified by section AND subsection, along
with a brief description.

The section where the confusion lies refernces the section, no mention of
subsections and a brief description.  This implies by section/subsections to
allow the bushings, while the description would not.

I suspect that if protested the appropriate commitee would find both parties to
have well founded points, but am unsure how they would decide.  Has anyone ever
asked for clarification?

On a side note, has there ever been any clarification of what smog legal means
since it changes all over the country (sometimes even on a county by county
basis)? How have competitors at the national level been enforcing the rule on
each other in impound?