Re: Police The issue

To: vreihen@hotmail.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Police The issue
From: bluemr2@juno.com
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:30:33 -0400
>I don't envy many parts of the job, this one in particular.
>Having a family friend who worked for DOT killed by a car on
>the side of the road, speeding in construction zones and not
>yielding to stopped police/fire/postal vehicles is a personal
>pet peeve of mine.

        On a really odd note...  I almost got run over by a DOT truck
yesterday...  I stopped for a red light and must not have seen the light
change or me stopping.  As I reached a stop, I hear tires squealing and a
big ol' DOT truck sliding right for the back of me...  I managed to pull
off onto the construction area between the barrels to watch him slide
right through where I was...  Once in the middle of the intersection he
jumps on the gas and takes off...
        Actually, the thing that bothered me the most was that this elderly
couple in a big Buick behind the truck pulled up behind me so I couldn't
back onto the road AND they sat there STARING AT ME!!!  Thankfully, the
driver behind them had a clue and let me back on the road...

Brian
'91 MR2 4ap

        Funny...  Afterwards I was thinking...  Hmm, shoulda let him hit me...
I could use some time off work (even due to injury) and some insurance
money towards a turbo MR2...  hmmmmm