RE: Hoosier rant

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hoosier rant
From: "Bill Fuhrmann" <bfuhrman@isd.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 19:00:10 -0500
> I too have had trouble with Hoosier's "customer
> service".
> I bought a set of slicks that were useless for the
> application, got zero use from them.
> Complained to my dealer, he referred me to the
> distributor. Distributor said I bought the wrong
> stuff. Too bad. Shoulda read the catalog better. What

Too bad you never took a high school class in "business law" (the term for
it from the late 60s).  Just a course in the basics of consumerism.

IF YOU chose the tires, it is YOUR problem.  They have no responsibility to
tell you that you don't know what you are doing.

If you relied on their expertise, the implied warranty of "fitness for
purpose" (Federal law) requires them to refund your money.  To rely on their
expertise, you have to tell them what you want the tire for, they have to
recommend the tire, and you have to follow their recommendation.

If you said "I want a 255/50/15 tire for my Fiero", though luck.
If you said, "I have an '88 Fiero Formula, what is the widest tire I can get
for it" and they sold you the same tire, then you get a refund for the front
ones.  (The front wheels are 6" which is smaller than the manufacturer's
recommended minimum width for 255s.  The rear wheels are 7" and would be ok
with the 255s.)