RE: Hello - I'm new

To: "Eric Buckley" <ejbuckley@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Hello - I'm new
From: "Ian" <ianmcfetridge@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2000 00:03:02 -0400
Eric Buckley wrote:
> Dave Ebel asked:
>
> >  I want to make all the performance
> > mods I can make
> > to it that will allow me to stay in the stock class.  I am
> > looking for any
> > insights, advice, or recommendations any of you might have
> > about these cars
>
> Enter every event twice (if they let you). Take fun runs. Go to a driver
> school. Improvements to the driver are unlimited in Stock.
>
> Don't be too quick to hop up the car. You can learn a lot driving a bone
> stock car on street tires. Nice stuff can hide your faults and that's not
> any way to improve.
>
> Eric Buckley
> STR 7: 98 Integra GS/R

As a second year autocrosser, I agree with Eric's suggestions.  I think I
would have had an easier time learning to autocross in a stock (relatively
simple) car.  Given every opportunity to upgrade and alter the suspension of
a car, a large portion of people will end-up slowing down the car.  This is
what an experienced autocrosser once said to me, and I think it applies best
to beginners.   I know I've made a few foolish modifications/tuning changes
to my cars.

Ian
92GSX Philly ESP, retired to commuter duties
97GSX Philly Region's Street Modified!