Pennsylvania State Championships

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Pennsylvania State Championships
From: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2000 18:35:36 -0400
While the west side of the country was at the Wendover Pro, 130 or so of
us east coasters were at the Pennsylvania State Championships.  It was a
blast, and the threatened rain (for all weekend) only appeared during the
last half of the last run group Saturday (thus allowing me to be excited
that my best time Saturday beat Tim Aro's and all of CS Open's worst time
[hey, gotta take victories where I can get 'em!]).  Anyway, it was a very
fun event and the Appalachian Sports Car Club of the Susquehanna Region
did a terrific hosting job as always.  I am sure Alan Pozner, their
timing guru and webmaster, will soon have the complete results up on the
web, but while you're waiting for Wendover Pro results, here's the trophy
winners (all from memory so guaranteed to be spotty...)

SS--Sam Strano, Chang Ho Kim (what?  He came all the way from
Massachusetts?  Told you it was fun), and Jennifer Wilson
SSL--a very nice lady in a beatiful silvery gold metallic Corvette.  She
was gridded next to me, but I never caught her name.  Oops.
AS--Paul Kozlak, Pat Salerno [all the way from New Jersey--or is it New
York?--same difference...( :], Lynne Rothney-Kozlak
BS--Tim Aro, Eric Peterson, Ken Porteous, Ed Golla (Tim won, but the
other 3 may be out of order)
CS--Doug Newhard, Lee Piccione
CSL--Mari Clements
DS--John Ryan (who broke his clutch/brake foot in two places Saturday
night running after children), John Guarnera
DSL--Vicki Ryan
ES--Andre Downey
FS--Ron Bistrais, Mike Johnson (yup, all the NY/NJ/NER FStockers seemed
to be in town)
FSL--Diane Lapusnak (see?)
GS--Eric Moon (in a dramatic come from behind win over co-driver Alan
Pozner)
GSL--Rosanne Freeburger (in the ex-Endicott's Type R)
HS--Mike Snyder, Jim Snyder
ASP--Rex Carle
ASPL--Lisa Carle
BSP--Dave Mohar
CSP--Jim Harnish, Allen Kugler
CSPL--Audrey Harnish
DSP--Geoff Craig, Vince Gladfelter (who made an excellent announcer when
drafted into service!)
ESP--??
FSP--??
FSPL--Carolyn Spivak
DP--Pamela Moon (who drove the doors off her Miata Saturday to take the
Open class)
EP--Jason Burns
BM--Vern Lyle in a come-from-behind win
BML--Betsi Lyle
CM--James (?) Sokalsky, Mark Sirota (who's still nursing a broken rib)
DM--Tom Beaver (who generously let Larry Shauf--whose new DM car had a
broken wheel--jump in the car)
EM--Chuck Sieber, Paul Stinson
FM--??, Clair Smith, Al Dellarte  (I'm blanking on the winner's name
because I keep remembering that this class was REALLY tight after
Saturday and the other competitor, whose name I can remember, but am not
saying, had three straight DNFs today)

mlc
'91 MR2 NA
-----anything after this, I didn't write, and don't necessarily agree