Misquoted again

To: rjohnson@friendlynet.com
Subject: Misquoted again
From: Ben Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:15:34 -0400
rjohnson@friendlynet.com wrote:

> First Ben Thatcher, now Geo Ryan, INSIST that the current
> classification isn't fair or equitable.  And further insinuate that
> the current method is tainted by politics, money and other
> less-than-reputable practices. . . . . . .

Nope, Roger, I never said nor insinuated that the current classification
isn't fair or equitable.

What I DID say was that I think there could be a way to class cars so
that there is a natural performance progression from the fastest to the
slowest classes. That was how I got drawn into this discussion in the
first place when Bill Martin suggested just that.

I didn't say anything about politics, money or less-than-reputable
practices. I have the highest regard for the members of the SEB. They are
a hard working group who are trying to move our sport forward in a
positive direction.

Throwing angry asides towards anyone who proposes changes in the
classification system is regressive and tends to mute constructive
thought. Personally, I think discussing lots of ideas is constructive and
might even unearth some good ideas that could steer our sport towards
even greater success in the future. The members of the SEB should be open
to differing ideas and ready to embrace the ones that have merit.

I know some consider my ideas on or bordering the lunatic fringe. I can
live with that. But, PLEASE, don't misquote me to make your point.

Ben Thatcher
Apex Benefit Services & Motorsports
Stockbridge, GA