Re: Raceway Inn in Topkea - Reviews?

To: "Paul Cezanne" <oblique@alum.mit.edu>, "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Raceway Inn in Topkea - Reviews?
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 19:33:30 -0500
From: Paul Cezanne <oblique@alum.mit.edu>

>It's got a bed, windows, bathroom, some have kitchenette's.  Not
>filthy, not even dirty, but it isn't the Ritz either.

I considered it perfectly adequate.  If it has working plumbing, tolerable
temperature and no critters, that's all I need.

The best part is that it is right at the event site.  The bad news is,
nothing else is.  Not even a McDonalds.

>If you want
>chocolates on your pillow and $100 towels, stay somewhere else.

Indeed.

>On the funny side, it is a bit unusual to bike past the prisoners a
>few blocks away doing exercises at 5 in the morning.

Prisoners?  Is this new?  Nobody told me about prisoners when I was there,
and I didn't notice any incarceration-type activities.  Then again, when was
the last time I was awake at 5 in the morning.

>On the GOOD side, because of the prison and the military base you are
>on, military security drives by a lot, making it perhaps one of the
>safest places around!

That and the fact that it is so isolated.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
"If I can do it, it's not art"  - Red Green