WSCC autox @ Palisades (NY) on Sunday

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: WSCC autox @ Palisades (NY) on Sunday
From: jim5@us.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:31:25 -0400
To all,
     I would like to share my thoughts on this event, from a first time
novice, and a 3rd person view.
First the third person view:
     The day was excellent! The course was well laid out. Just enough not
to be confusing, yet challenging. The staff ran things very smoothly. Three
cheers for the new laser timing system. Not a single problem all day.
Compared to the event before which was riddled with timing problems. I only
watched the last event, and when I left at 3pm, some people hadn't gotten
their third run yet. The last event also seemed to be a confusing course,
in which I saw a lot of novice drivers losing their way. I saw those same
drivers doing much much better this past Sunday. Again kudos to the course
design (Did the taxi help? :) ), and the timing system changes. The "heats"
seemed like an excellent setup which allowed everyone 7 runs, time for fun
runs, and trophies, and we all left by 4:30pm. Again thanks to all who ran
the event.
Now the first time novice view:
     I had a great time! Everything went smoothly for me. I have to say
that everything went smoothly due to the help and guidance of Arthur
Emerson. He helped me from the start, walking the course, getting prepped,
braking to accelerating transitions, other general info, and of course
words of encouragement. I have to say that I thought I would be nervous and
almost hesitant to go out on the course, but I found that I was eager to
get out there, and with help from Art, my times dropped about 4 seconds
over the period of the day. I took third place in the novice class! I was
very happy with those results. I never thought I would get as far as I did.
Thanks again Art, and congrats on the first place win in G stock. Thanks
also to Tom H. for his help as well.

It was a great day. Check out the club: http://www.wscc.org/

Thanks again everyone, see you soon,

Jim L.
2000 Maxima SE (GS) -The only participant with a toddler car seat in back
(empty)-
email: jim5@us.ibm.com
"my karma ran over your dogma"