Stock Class Restructuring/Public Forums

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Stock Class Restructuring/Public Forums
From: GRMPer@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:20:36 EDT
As a SCAC member,  I'd like to chime in on this one.   Like Andy said,  we
are not out to treat people unfairly,  but it is damn hard to make everybody
happy with a limited number of classes in Stock.   That said,  Yes,  some
cars will be uncompetitive, others will rise to the top.

This will invariably lead to an unhappy SCCA member somewhere out there.
That person can then email everyone on this list and say that the present or
proposed system is unfair.   To me,  "unfair" is the same as "partial" or
"biased" or "bad"....It's got negative connotations all over it.  To be told
that something that I personally work with is one of these things is
frustrating....and it is also upsetting as it's in front of 1400 other racers
and some of my closest friends.

I guess my point is that it's really easy, it seems, to post something here
in this forum.   It's easy to say "This sucks".   What's harder to say is
"This is not too bad,  but here are some suggestions to move XYZ around to
create a better system"   And..(here's the kicker).....what's nearly
impossible to do is to also look at everything in a holistic sense that would
make the SCCA,  SEB, SCAC and the thousands of autocrossers out there happy.

As Team.net has gone from interesting to tedious.....I propose that EVERYONE
that decides to post on a classing subject should first:

 A) Think of a better way to do it in specific detail, and study how it would
affect the rest of the classes
 B) Look at nationwide results from multiple events/seasons with an unbiased
standpoint. Don't cherry-pick events that support your cause. See if your
viewpoint still makes sense
C) draft it up in email.
D) Print the email on a piece of paper
E) throw it in an envelope, put a stamp on it, address it to the SCAC
F) then post the message on Team.net and say "I just put my letter in my
mailbox"

Optional Step:
G) If you really hate the way the present classing is being done,  please
submit your resume to the SEB the next time one of us decides to call it
quits because we're too burnt out to continue.

Per
SCAC