Re: equitable classing

To: GSMnow@aol.com
Subject: Re: equitable classing
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 16:16:05 -0500
GSMnow@aol.com wrote:

> This is not right, a great driver deserves to win. If no one else can make
> the car run the top number, maybe it isn't the car.

With all due respect Gary, this still makes no sense to me.  If a car is
physically capable of a given performance, you HAVE to use that
potential performance when classing.  If you class as you propose, you
are only making it *easier* for the truly gifted to look around for a
"soft" class and swoop in for a kill.  You cannot fool physics...if a
car can do it, than it can do it.  The fact that you and I cannot make
it do it is OUR problem.

Pat (STILL trying to figure out how to make a Neon "do it" ) Washburn