RE: Stock in Stock - another view

To: <Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Stock in Stock - another view
From: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 00:20:56 -0700
I agree with your conclusion; I don't agree that it's a problem.  All it really
amounts to is that there'll be some class shuffling to be done.  That's why I
suggested grandfathering such a rule in, so that new models are classed without
the mods and can find their own level.

Personally I do consider shocks a wear item (certainly compared to sway bars!)
and think it's cheaper to allow them, but I'd go with a majority opinion.  On
the other side, I think exhaust systems are well-enough made these days that we
could eliminate that allowance.

And of course I stand firmly on my soapbox that a myriad of ills would be cured,
and very little damage, by obsoleting cars older than 7 years or so from stock
classes.  Before you dismiss the idea out of hand, think about the ramifications
a bit, along with how often people change cars in Stock, and how often the cars
they select are simply the ones that are considered competitive.

KeS