Re: 2000 Focus

To: tcbracer@juno.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2000 Focus
From: RHendr6343@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 12:27:53 EDT
In a message dated 7/19/00 11:33:49 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
tcbracer@juno.com writes:

> Does anyone know if the ZX3 head will fit on the 1.6l block?  For SM,
>  would this equate to installing a complete ZX3 engine?  Also, after the
>  event Sunday the car experienced total power steering loss for about an
>  hour (40 miles of stop-and-go driving) then it magically righted itself.
>  Anyone with experience similar?  Any ideas why?
>
>  Jon FP 73
>  Broken Datsun
>  Temporary HS Focus

By 1.6, I assume you mean an earlier Ford 4-cylinder (Kent, CVH, or Capri,
Probe, or 1.8 Escort-the last three are Mazdas).  I believe the answer is no,
though I can't say for sure.  The 2.0 (and in Europe, 1.4, 1.7,etc) Zetec
found in the ZX2, ZX3, Contour, and Escape is a completely different design.
I'd be very surprised if everything matched up on any other engines.

In short, Ford's 4 cylinders:
Kent 1.6  Formula Ford, Cortina, Pinto, etc
CVH 1.6/1.9/2.0  Escort  DOHC
Mazda 1.6/1.8/2.0  90's Capri, 1.8 Escort, Probe
2.3/2.5  SOHC  Ranger, Mustang to 93
2.3/2.5 HSC  Tempo/Topaz  pushrod
2.0 Zetec  DOHC  Contour, ZX2,ZX3

Families typically don't interchange-information from my personal experience
and Ford Racing Performance Parts 2000 catalog

Rick Hendricks