Re: Exotic? No, just beats the hell out of the RX7TT

To: <Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com>
Subject: Re: Exotic? No, just beats the hell out of the RX7TT
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 12:17:07 -0400
>So you think having a $150K car  with the DISTINCT chance to dominate
is a good
>thing for stock?

Hmmm. Good question. I have mixed feelings. There probably should be a
limit otherwise SBW just might show up in a McLaren. :) But I also
don't think the Viper should have been excluded. Without it the RX7TT
had the "DISTINCT chance to dominate". $70K is not an unreasonable
amount to spend for a sports car in this day and age. As far as P-Cars
are concerned the line should probably be drawn at the 'standard'
911TT. Although it is a bit over $100K with all the goodies, it is
generally available and there are autocross enthusiasts who own them.
But the S model is just too rare to be considered a 'stock' car. It's
sorta like the M3 Lightweight. :)

So let's include the Viper and give the RX7TT a 1% timing handicap. :)

IMHO

Paul Foster