Re: Tire widths are apparently very subjective?

To: mapman1138@interaccess.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire widths are apparently very subjective?
From: adozzell@sc9.intel.com (TONY OZZELLO P802 AWS)
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 16:15:36 -0700
All,

The 205 number refers to section width, not tread width. Within a
given tire design, a wider section will give a wider tread for
the suggested rim width. But the design of the tire affects how
much section width turns into tread width/contact patch so it's
not unreasonable that the same sectoin width leads to different
tread width as you go from tire design to tire design and compare.

Tony