Re: the geez classing system

To: KWall73108@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: the geez classing system
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2000 19:30:08 GMT
KWall73108@aol.com wrote:

>But it does appear this type of racing by geez would solve this classing
>issue and tell who the best driver was.
>Comments please.

GEEZ is a tool for analyzing runs.  In my experience with it,
the grading system leaves lots to be desired.  Just last weekend,
I recorded two runs with just about identical stats.  On the
only instrument that matters (the event timer), one was good
enough for #2 PAX and the class win, while the other one was
2 seconds slower and would have been out of the class trophies.
Yup, same score.

Also, I've noticed that you can drive to fool GEEZ's grading
system.  I have a whole disk full of GEEZ runs with 99%
ratings.  When it rains, 99% is the norm!

Finally, there's the issue of requiring everyone to purchase
GEEZ in order to compete.  It ain't gonna happen.

If you want to know who the best driver is, put everyone in
a runoffs car.  The IROC way seems to be the only way to do
it without serious questions as to the method.....

-Arthur ("Giving it 99% whenever it rains" edition.)