yokohama slicks

To: "Autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: yokohama slicks
From: "James Rogerson" <jwalter@ptra.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 08:02:19 -0500
I use a set of yokohama slicks from last years Houston CART race (I worked
Paddock).  These tires work "OK".  When they are cold it's like running on four
flat tires.  We use them for the Regional events and then swap to Hoosiers for
Divisionals and National events.  It's like night and day.  I've even run with
the Yok's in the back (15") and the Hoosiers in front (13") to change our
gearing.  I did this at Ft. Worth in the wet/cold and it was the first, and
only, time I've ever spun the RX-7.  During the summer, down here anyway, they
will get heated up fairly quickly, especially on concrete.  They worked pretty
good at Houston Police Academy, very rough concrete and it's always just
stinking hot there.

In summation, they are really good practice tires.

James Rogerson
[FP #125] - Techless Racing
"Nails are glue, hypothetically speaking" - Lou Fertile
"Men that like golf are unhappy at home and incapable of having a meaningful
relationship with women" - Joseph Heller

The census records were used in 1941-2 to identify, abduct and imprison
innocent Japanese Americans. Be sure to fill out yours.  Trust them.