Classing

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Classing
From: Matthew Carson <mcars@vt.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 21:15:34 +0800
Just a thought on classing....  I am currently in Shanghai, and classing
would be really easy over here.  You would have SS for Volkswagen
Santana Stock (90% of the cars) and I guess the locally built Buicks
(the reason I am here) and Audi A6s.  All other cars (rare Benzes,
Lexuses, etc) would have to go to SP, I suppose, since they are
not technically imported here...  We should consider ourselves lucky
to have choices.

Incidentally riding in a cab here in interesting.  All cabs are five
speed Santanas, but the drivers never rev above 2k.  However, they
are great momentum drivers, as once they get going they never slow
down....  If pedestrians were cones, it would be like they were constantly
driving an autox.  (as everyone has nightmares of moving cones)

-Matt