RE: Tire Survey - R-1's

To: "washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Tire Survey - R-1's
From: "Jeff Lloyd" <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 23:24:05 -0400
sorry, but, NO WAY!!! I got my hands on a set of sticker 226 R-1's last
season (thanks AB) and after running on the newest offering from Hoosier and
kumho they were not up to the duty, harder to drive, and less predictable.
although even though my car is camber limited they are the only tire I don't
need to re-mount on the rim to prevent "camber wear"

Kumho's have gotten faster, Hoosier is working on their compound issues, The
new R-1A is supposed to take care of the twitchiness and they changed the
compound (I believe preventing flatspoting)..  the only thing I miss is
being able to run them down to the cord and not have them get hard, and
having deeper tread depth..

I think kumho will be my my next tire (budget reasons)

I also spin a lot less on H or K tires...

Keep in mind I have never driven on a G-force so I cannot compare any recent
BFG experience...

Jeff