RE: Heat cycle for the DOT Race tires, needed or not?

To: "Ian" <ianmcfetridge@earthlink.net>,
Subject: RE: Heat cycle for the DOT Race tires, needed or not?
From: "Jeff Lloyd" <Jeff@cyberconceptz.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 23:34:10 -0400
I know this is not the most advanced explanation but bear with me..

I believe it to be like reverse heat cycling, the rubber molecules still
generate heat as they work, but the tire contacts the cold ground, or is
suddenly splashed through a <0 degree puddle.

instead of giving the rubber time to set it is being heated and cooled in
rapid succession. with no time for the bonds to realign..

now we should take a winter hardened street tire "rehydrate" it with some
formula V and heat cycle it or even use this on our race tires after we V
them they seem to become "Addicted" to the stuff, if we treat them I picture
it as Rehydrating or restoring them to factory new condition, give them a
gentle heat cycle and they should not need a retreat for a longer time..

rambling
Jeff