Re: Sucking up to sponsors

To: chrstson@netins.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Sucking up to sponsors
From: "Arthur Emerson" <vreihen@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 14:21:09 GMT
"The Christianson's" <chrstson@netins.net> wrote:

>The Tire Rack needs to hear about people that may not be
>completely satisfied if they want to stay competitive.

Not to start a thread of Tire Rack bashing, but I want to
give a heads-up to anybody that's in a hurry for tires
and uses their online ordering system.  Speak to a human.

Last month, it tried to ship two tires to me from a warehouse
where their own inventory web page said they were out of stock,
but the order program insisted that they were in-stock and
happily took my order for them.  To make a long story short,
it took 12 days to get tires (shipped for free because of the
mistake) from their other two warehouses, and I placed my order
8 days before the Harrisburg Pro.  If I had spoken with a human,
I'm sure that I would have had the option to pay for overnight
shipping and received them in time to be of use.

Anyway, I guess that it serves me right for assuming that I'd
get the same 4-day turnaround as on my previous online order
from them.  On the bright side, it did make tearing off the
TIRERACK.COM windshield banner a lot more enjoyable at the end
of the weekend..... :-)

-Arthur ("Tire Rack should re-name their IBM AS/400 'Hal'
              for the way it tried to kill me in Harrisburg" edition.)