225s under Neon rear

To: "'autox'" <autox@autox.team.net>, "'neon'" <neon@iastate.edu>
Subject: 225s under Neon rear
From: "Linnhoff, Eric" <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:46:59 -0500
Howdy all y'all.

Well, looks like I'm well on my way to being the #1 team.net poster for two
years in a row.  ;^)  WOOHOO!!!

Anyway, next year I plan to run STS in SCCA events and want to run 15x7"
wheels and 225/50-15 tires (most likely Yoko AVSIs) on all 4 corners so I
can rotate them to keep the wear somewhat even.  But there's a catch.  Stock
class Neon racers know all too well that 225 width R tires rub on the Neon's
rear lateral arms when mounted on factory sized and offset wheels.

So my question to all those with more knowledge than me is this:  What
offset would I need on 15x7" wheels (most likely the Kosei Racing K1s from
the Tirerack) in order to be able to run the 225/50-15 tires on the back end
of my Neon without having them rub on the lateral arms and/or stick out past
the fender lip and violate the sacred SCCA rules?  Spacers perhaps??

I'm not against running the 225 front/205 rear tire combo again but I'd like
to be able to rotate the tires to keep their wear fairly even.

Thanks in advance folks.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
1998 Dodge Neon R/T
#69 DS    #13 TLS
eric10mm@qni.com

"...Arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and the
plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well
as property. The balance of power is the scale of peace."
Thomas Paine