Re: Making coil-overs

To: <elinnhoff@smmc.saint-lukes.org>
Subject: Re: Making coil-overs
From: "Pat Griffith" <slowse-r@gimail.af.mil>
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2000 04:57:27 -0500
> Well, I found out a few prices to have some
> shock/strut work done to my Konis and my jaw
> hit the floor.

Speed costs money. :)  Or at least that what I kept telling myself after I saw
the price of my Shocktek/Bilstein struts.  And then I drove on them and was
convinced they were worth it. :)

> How feasible would it be for me to be able to do
> this conversion myself??

If you can get access to a bench grinder, that would make life easier.  My
friend George Perinis and I did something similar for the KYB AGXs for his
200SX SE-R.  With a hand-held grinder we got nowhere on ONE strut after an
hour.  But we took the struts/shocks over to an NTB our friend works at and got
him to grind the perches on a bench grinder.  Took a little over an hour to do
all four.

Other than that, the conversion is pretty easy.  We did all the other work with
basic hand tools.

Pat
'93 Sentra SE-R, DSP/STR/STS/Track Toy