Heck with wheels...Go to A-Mod

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heck with wheels...Go to A-Mod
From: "Andy Whittle" <awhittle@fastrans.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 09:57:08 -0500
In the last week we have seen endless hours of writing documents on the
finer points of wheel placement.  I have an idea.  Why not move to A-mod.
The choice of parts is endless from the steering rack to the differential.
Every single part must be justified, debated, engineered and paid for.  You
can do your best at learning to be a aerodynamic engineer,  thermodynamics
engineer, chemical engineer, mechanical engineer, artist, architect,
driver(still about 50% of the total tallent)  and the most rewarding part is
teacher when your kids want to learn what has taken you years of thought and
research.  You will learn that the things that you worry for weeks about,
will not be the thing that is really the problem that will drive you nuts
later.  You will find that there is absolutely no excuse when a B-Mod car
beats you on some course that is at the extremes of autocross course
designs.  Without a doubt, if they beat you, they out-engineered you, or
they out-drove you. There is no excuse  Bottom line it was you.  Same thing
if you win.  The last thing is the competitors are some of the best people
in all of motorsports.  I have seen 6 or 8 competitors practically rebuild
a car between two runs at nationals as other people are modifying there own
cars to fit the misfortuned drive into there car if his is not rebuilt in
time for his next run.

I invite any of you to take on a true challenge to your very sole and move
to A-Mod.  It is worth every minute and every dollar.

Andy Whittle